New Member Requirements
Provisional members seeking membership into the Junior League of Waco must complete pre-determined requirements during their provisional year, which begins in May. If you have any questions about the requirements or would like to speak to someone about how the JLW commitment might fit into your schedule, please email the Membership Recruitment Committee at email@example.com or call the JLW office at (254) 753-5574 and ask to leave a message for the Membership Recruitment Chairman.
During your provisional year, the Junior League of Waco, Inc., will provide training for a career in voluntarism by:
- Creating and conducting a Provisional Course;
- Educating the Provisional in the administrative processes of the League on local, regional and national levels;
- Educating the Provisional about Waco by conducting a community course;
- Allowing flexibility of the Provisional Course so the Provisional can satisfy the terms of this agreement;
- Providing an opportunity for a variety of training experiences.
The following list includes tentative requirements for the upcoming provisional year:
- 1st Payment of $173 (May 1, 2015)
- Provisional Fee: $53; Annual Membership Dues: $120
- 2nd Payment of $80 (June 1,2015)
- Retreat Fee: $40; Community Bus Tour Fee: $40
- 3rd Payment of $110 (September 1,2015)
- DTH t-shirt: $25; 2 Simply Serving cookbooks: $25 each; Special Function Fee: $35
- 4th Payment of $75 (late September/early October 2015)
- DTH ticket obligation: $75
If additional fundraising activities, fees or quota changes are approved by the membership during the year, Provisional members will be required to participate and make the appropriate adjustments. There are also miscellaneous expenses that may arise throughout the year, including meals, donations, or optional purchases.
- Attend Provisional meetings (May 2015 - April 2016) usually one per month as scheduled.
- Attend monthly Junior League of Waco, Inc., General Membership meetings (September 2015 - April 2016, usually second Monday of the month). According to JLW Bylaws Article VII. Section 4. b., Provisionals may miss no more than two General meetings or two Provisional meetings. If a Provisional is to miss a third General or Provisional meeting, she may resign before the third absence and repeat the course within the following three years. If a third absence occurs from a General or Provisional meeting, she will be removed. A Provisional may view a meeting video or attend a Board Meeting to excuse a General Meeting absence. Each of these options may only be exercised one time. Attending a Board Meeting in lieu of a General Meeting cannot also count for the Board Meeting attendance requirement set forth below.
- Attend one Junior League of Waco, Inc., Board of Directors meeting (June 2015 - March 2016, usually the first Tuesday of the month).
- Attend at least three assigned committee meetings.
- Attend one of each of the five Junior League of Waco, Inc., Council meetings (Administration, Community, Finance, Fund Development and Human Resources).
All requirements must be completed by March 31, 2016, unless otherwise specified.
- Attend Provisional Tea (traditionally before the September General Membership Meeting).
- Attend Community Bus Tour.
- Attend Retreat.
- Attend at least one training opportunity made available by the Training Committee.
- Observe at least four placement opportunities, one being a Deck the Halls Holiday Gift Market general committee meeting by the scheduled date of the gift market..
- Work three, three-hour shifts at DTH, one being at an official DTH event, One on Saturday, October 31 ,2015 or Sunday November 1, 2015 and one of your choosing.
- Work with Provisional classmates to plan and implement a community service project - (attendance at plan ning meetings and implementation workshops required). The expectation is that each provisional will work 7-10 hours.
- Work one, three-hour shift at Clifton House, the Junior League of Waco, Inc., headquarters (Spring or Fall - cleaning, planting, organizing, &/or garage sale, etc.).
Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Waco. We are excited to get to know you and serve our city together.